Sign-up & Login Links
Imagine! offers a wide varietyof training programs. They include professional development, health topics, medical certifications, positive behavior supports, and many more. Live classes and online courses are open to the general public, caregivers, and staff.
- Host Home Providers through Imagine! will be responsible for training costs of respite staff.
- Prices listed are for non-Imagine! participants.
- Class dates and times are subject to change.
- Snow Policy:if the Boulder Valley School Districts close due to snow, our classes will be cancelled. Rescheduling any courses canceled will be considered, if possible. Those registered for a rescheduled class will be notified.
- Participants who do not cancel within 48 hours of a live class will pay the full price of the class. To unenroll from a live course, in your course list, select the course description of the instructor-led course in which you are enrolled. Once the course information opens, select the Red X to unenroll; this will change your status to dropped. Someone on the waiting list can then be activated. Online courses are non-refundable. You can also contact us via email to unenroll.
Don't be a No Show!
We offer components of Colorado's Division for Developmental Disabilities training requirements and also courses that enhance the caregivers' skills in person-centered topics. All online courses can be taken using a Windows platform computer with the Internet Explorer browser. Online courses are $10 per course. Learners can print a completion certificate after completing the test. A $10 fee will be assessed for certificate requests occurring at a later date. We offer the following courses:
Communications, Health, and Safety, Confidentiality, Driving Safety, Ethics, Rights, Mistreatment/Abuse/Neglect/Exploitation (MANE), HIPAA, Overview of Developmental Disabilities Systems, Incident Reporting, Sexual Harassment
* Registration for online courses is currently disabled until further notice. Please check back later.
Instructor-Led Class Descriptions
Training Class Prices
- Signs and Symptoms of Illness / Infection Control - $45
- Medication Administration - Full Certification - $74
- CPR and First Aid Combined - $112
- Building Cooperative Behaviors - FREE
American Heart AssociationAdult/Child/Infant CPR and First Aid Combined
This class incorporates both American Heart Association's HeartSaver CPR and First Aid in one comprehensive class. It teaches the basics of CPR for adults, children, and infants. It also incorporates the basics of First Aid including General Principles, Medical Emergencies, and Injury Emergencies. Certification is valid for two years.
CPR/First Aid Schedule
No Current Scheduled Classes
Building Cooperative Behaviors (FREE)
Participants will learn to recognize and understand principles of behavior, distinguish between proactive and reactive methods, and draw upon the cooperative behaviors building methods to strengthen positive behaviors. All classes are open to the public at no cost. Due to Covid-19 precautions, this class is being held via Zoom. If you sign up, you will receive a Zoom link the day before the class is held. For any questions, please call 303-926-6462. Class runs from 9:00am – 12:00pm. FREE Live Behavior Class Sign-Up
Building Cooperative Behaviors Schedule
Medication Administration - Full Certification
Innovations Nursing & Residential Medication Administration Course is designed to accurately administer medications to individuals in DIDD/CDPHE Services approved programs: Group Residential Services and Supports (GRSS), Individual Residential Services and Supports (IRSS), Day Habilitation Services and Supports (DHSS), State certified adult day programs, Adult Supported Living Services (SLS), Children's Extensive Services (CES). Residential Child Care Facilities Assisted living residences and Alternative care facilities. Any paid staff or provider who administers medications must complete this course and pass the competency evaluation that has been approved. This Medication Administration course will prepare participants for this testing. The course also allows each agency to add agency-specific materials and procedures to the information provided. If you work for a different agency, some materials may not apply to you. Follow your agency's policies and procedures.
*Participants in Medication Administration live classes should download and read the Medication Administration Manual prior to class.
Medication Administration Schedule
No Current Scheduled Classes
Medication Administration Refresher (Absorb online course $10)
Offered only as an online course. This course is for those agencies requiring staff or providers to renew their Medication Administration QMAP class. This course should be taken annually following the initial live class. PLEASE NOTE – This class does not take the place of the live class.
Signs & Symptoms of Illness/Infection Control
(One combined live class for new employees; annual online refreshers of each separate subject - $10 each)
This class focuses on how to recognize the signs and symptoms of illness in a person with developmental disabilities, including those who are nonverbal or whose verbal communication is unusual. We will discuss vital signs and how to interpret them, although we will not learn how to actually measure vital signs in this particular class. Specific body systems and their malfunction will also be discussed during the session. We cover some of the more common problems associated with developmental disabilities such as seizures in the neurological systems, swallowing disorders, and problems with bowel functioning. This class also incorporates education regarding practices of infection control including: standard precautions, handwashing techniques, safe food handling practices, and laundry techniques.
Signs & Symptoms Schedule
No Current Scheduled Classes