Autism Spectrum Disorder Program
Program Navigation Links
About Imagine!’s ASD Program
Imagine!’s Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) Program was created in 2004 in cooperation with the Autism Society of Boulder County. The purpose of this program is to connect family’s to services that address the challenges of children who have an Autism Spectrum Disorder but do not qualify for Colorado state-funded waiver services.
This program is a “family-led” program which means that families work with their support team/ASD Coordinator to direct county funding towards the services of Imagine!’s contracted providers. The ASD Program offers families connection to a wide range of provider & therapists in the Boulder County area. This program is unique in the state of Colorado, and only serves individuals living in Boulder and Broomfield counties. The program serves children aged 5-26 and offers support for a single three-year period.
Please contact the intake department at 720-274-5452 to find out if your family member is eligible for the program. You will find the link to the Imagine! application at the bottom of this page.
Families who are already enrolled in the ASD Program and need assistance may contact the ASD Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or (303) 926-6444. For general information about Autism call the Autism Society of Boulder County at 720-272-8231, or contact them by clicking on this link: Autism Society of Boulder County Website.
ASD Program Goals
The goal of this program is to provide families a method of selecting services that promotes the most cost-effective means to address the significant challenges to their child participating in family and community activities. This includes:
- Offering innovative supports to local children and adolescents who have Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) who do not meet state criteria for intellectual and developmental disabilities so they may live fulfilling lives of independence and quality in their homes and communities.
- Reducing the added stress on families that results from supporting a family member who has ASD.
- Making beneficial services available to address the challenges of persons who have ASD.
How to apply for the ASD Program
Please complete the Imagine! intake application. In order to be determined eligible for the ASD program you will need to submit supporting documentation of the following:
- A medical diagnosis of autism
- Both IQ and adaptive scores above 70
Registrants may also download the intake application here.
If you have questions in regards to completing the Imagine! intake application, you may contact the Intake Navigator. Eligibility is determined by Imagine! based upon the information submitted. Any registrant who has previously received a letter of denial of eligibility from Imagine! or another Community Centered Board should send a copy of that letter to the Intake Navigator.
Available contracted services include, but are not limited to:
- Audiology to address Auditory Processing Disorder
- Behavior therapy, evaluation, and intervention for social and emotional support
- Complementary and alternative therapies * At its discretion, Imagine! may agree to fund a professional service or program for alternative therapies, but does not endorse, verify, recommend, or vouch for the safety, quality, or efficacy of a particular provider, program, or treatment
- Equipment and supplies recommended by professionals
- Family-Recruited Providers who follow social integration or behavior support plans or provide remedial tutoring
- Medical services
- Occupational therapy
- Physical therapy
- Psychiatric services
- Psychological and Counseling services
- Social Integration services
- Speech-Language Therapy
- Therapeutic Recreation and Fitness
- Vision Therapy