Imagine!’s Assistive Technology Laboratory (AT Lab) is the new headquarters for assisting individual clients to identify, obtain, and learn to use specific assistive technology devices that will support them in reaching their full potential.
The goal of Imagine!'s AT Lab program is to support people with developmental disabilities or a combination of developmental and physical disabilities to achieve their full potential through assistive technology devices.
Imagine! will meet this goal by accomplishing the following three objectives:
- Assessing client functionality
- Identifying clients who can benefit from AT devices
- Assisting these clients in acquiring and using AT devices that match their needs and capabilities
In addition to matching clients with the appropriate assistive technology, the lab will serve as a classroom where clients can increase their skills through:
- Consumers can elect to work on particular areas of education utilizing specific software programs.
- Math, science, reading and writing
- ADL learning
- Vocational/job skills
- Emergent communicators
- Works with cause and effect using communication devices
- Communication using adaptive technologies
- AbleLink desktop
- Communication Device
- Adapted input devices
- Adapted Journaling (audio recording)
- Adapted blog (speech to text)
- Adapted creative writing
- Communication using off the shelf technology
- Web-based email
- Creative writing
- Utilizes games and/or preferred activates to reinforce interaction with input method.
- touch screen
- adaptive input devices
- Utilizes consumer identified tech interaction to provide interface reinforcement (i.e. emailing friends/family, photography, video, writing/typing, etc.)
- Voice command
- Adaptive input
- Adaptive Email
- Video chat
- Adaptive writing
- Utilizes “real world” computer interactions to reinforce ADL skill acquisition.
- Cloud storage
- Word processing
- Video chat
- Entry spreadsheet
- Math basics
The Imagine! App-Rubric is a website dedicated to providing more insight and searchability into applications useful in our field. Find Android & iOS applications to help develop certain skillsets. Search and sort our application database to help find solutions for specific skills and platforms.