The FRE Service
Imagine!’s Family Recruited Employee (FRE) service is uniquely designed to provide families with the opportunity to find, recruit, and utilize individuals they know and trust to provide services for their loved one. The service was developed to meet a need and address a gap in services in a cost efficient manner. This service is constantly evolving based on changes at the State level, Imagine! practices, and family needs.
The FRE service is a partnership among the consumer, family, employee, and Imagine!.
The FRE service:
- provides the opportunity to consumers that cannot function in group settings access to resources with 1:1 support.
- preserves consumer dignity by allowing trusted family members to be paid to provide certain aspects of care instead of having an employee of an agency with whom they are not familiar assist with these tasks.
- allows parents respite from primary care evenings, weekends, holidays or overnights, hours, or days when typical agencies may not offer support.
Imagine! does not participate in the recruitment of FRE’s.
Some resources for finding FRE’s are:
- Trusted family members and friends of the family.
- Word of mouth through current providers.
- Local newspapers.
- Job boards at local colleges and universities.
- Community groups such as religious and civic groups.
Becoming A Family Recruited Employee
The first step in the process of becoming a Family Recruited Employee is to fill out the online application for employment. Directions on how to access this application are below. There is also an online release form that needs to be completed. You will be sent instructions on how to complete that release once the employment application has been received. Imagine! cannot begin the background/reference check process until both the employment application and release are received.
Completing the online application:
Select the job opening for Employer of Record--Family Recruited Employee
Click on the link for --- Submit Your Application
You will be asked to create a user name and password
Click on the link for --- Login
Complete the application and click on --- Submit.
Additional things to consider for this employment opportunity:
1) Utilizing a computer (a Windows computer and Internet Explorer (Version 7.0) or higher as the internet browser) is a requirement. All employees are required to:
- Have an active e-mail address in order to complete the application online.
- Submit the employment application, enter W-4 information, direct deposit information and obtain pay stubs (if applicable) online.
- Maintain current contact information, marital status, # of dependents online
- Continually enter hours worked and contact note information online.
- Complete reading trainings and competency evaluations online.
2) Applicants will not be authorized to work with clients or submit any time to the program prior to completion of the background check, meeting with the FRE Supervisor to complete the I-9 form and new hire paperwork, obtaining an employee number, and completing four initial online trainings.
3) Applicants driving clients in their vehicles will need to provide a copy of their driver's license as well as proof of adequate auto insurance (coverage must be a minimum of $100,000/person in the vehicle and $300,000/accident).
4) The background and reference check process will begin once the application and the release form are received. Completing the background check can take up to and over a week, depending on several variables, including how many states you have lived in, your DMV record, and especially obtaining the professional reference. You are welcome to contact Imagine! at any time to request the status of your background and reference check, and you will be contacted as soon as the results are in so a time can scheduled for you to come in and complete the new hire paperwork. It usually takes about 1.5 hours to get through the packet.
5) When you come in to complete the new hire paperwork, you must complete an I-9 form, which establishes you identity and your ability to work in the US. Imagine! cannot proceed with the hire appointment or allow any new employee to begin providing services until this form is completed.
6) At the hire appointment, you will also be asked to complete State required online training readings within 30 days of being hired, four of which will need to be completed before starting to work.
7) After completing the four initial trainings, you will inform the FRE Supervisor of completion, and can then begin providing services that are identified in the IP/Plan of Care.